Monday, December 21, 2009

Four days then it will all be over, so sad!

I so love Christmas but it is so sad to think it will be over in a few days. Basically things are in order, just taking it easy and trying to enjoy the days. My mom is here still since before Thanksgiving. She is amazed at the gifts under the tree, parties and busyness of our household. It actually is quieter and slower than when we had a few more at home. She will be spoiled this holiday. We hope it takes her hours to unwrapped her gifts. She has been busy making gifts for her grand and great grand kids for several weeks. Jim and I got each other a new tread-mill for our Christmas to each other. Jim got it all set up and walked on it this morning. Hoping we can bury the old one soon.

Scott's last chemo and doctor appointment were last week. He is totally done with the poison but not with labs. He will go in once a month for a year, then every 3 months for a year then twice a year after that. These are no big deal appointments and hope he doesn't have to miss any school. Jim and I threw him a "I am going to live" surprise party last Friday night. He was very shocked and surprised once he figured out why 15 of his friends jumped up from laying on the carpet after I had counted to 3 took him about 10 seconds to understand what was going on. I invited adults that had been such a influence and help for our family the last 3.5 years. Mostly Scotts first year. They showed up a few minutes after the kids surprised him. His two tutors and their husbands came, his councilor Sarah from Canfield Middle school, and many friends and family came to celebrate, about 50. He got the most awesome gifts and I told people to bring silly things but they didn't listen. I had way to much food and the family is still enjoying the leftovers. Benji and Sarah helped me throw together the salads and trays in about 15 minutes time while Danny kept Scott downstairs, at one point Scott came upstairs and didn't get a clue, took a piece of cheese and went back downstairs. I had things hidden in sacks and cupboards and out in the garage for a week, oh and had my trusty list, it saves me. I had a huge cake made. Karel, Rod, Benji and Sarah cleaned up while I was able to just set and visit friends. Then my family helped put down tables and put things away after everyone left. Something I don't get to do because I am preparing and cleaning up for hours then once it is done everyone goes home or to bed because they are exhausted visiting. Thank you thank you that one of the greatest gift anyone has ever done for me. And it only costs time. Jim had to leave to go pick up Sadie in the middle of the party. Danny had flown in a couple days before. Sadie got in on the very tail end. It was a fun night and Scottie seemed to really love it. We both got hugs and a thank you! I even got more hugs yesterday.
Glad you're still alive Scottie Pottie! Mom

No comments: