Monday, July 7, 2008

Wow, it is July already!!!!!

Wow, it is July already the summer is flying by, the older I get the quicker that time finds other places to disappear to. We have spent the last two weekends camping, last weekend at the Big Hole in Montana fishing and 4th weekend at the Clark Fork River also in Montana. The family rafted and there were over 60 family members and friends camping and rafting together and it wasn't even a reunion. Jim had a very close call on the river loosing yet another pair of glasses (new glasses mind you) and his favorite hat.... thank heavens we still have him tho. He thought his foot was caught on the rope and couldn't get free only finding out later it was Danny hanging on to him thinking he was helping. We saw a moose on the way, saw eagles and elk and deer. Last weekend Scott shot a badger and will be saving his money to get it made into a small rug.

Scott had clinic last week he is doing fine other than the pain from the steroids and the hunger cravings that over come his body at the strangest times. So glad they are for only 5 days not a month any more. It still isn't easy for him.

My Blackburn reunion is the end of the month my family is coming here for a change but daily someone cancels the trip due to the horrible gas prices. Many had gotten plane tickets in the spring thank heavens. My mom's Blackburn side also has a reunion the middle of July in Salt Lake which I am going to. The two Blackburns aren't related if you are wondering. This is the group I went to Ireland with 3 years ago.

The house seems to be moving slower now, the wood floor is installed just waiting for the sander to show up to begin that messy process today. Louie is on his last row of brick on the outside and ready to move inside we hope by afternoon today. My contractor is leaving on Wednesday for 2 weeks and I am trying not to get to nervous he has a great partner to take over. I have learned so much and think I could almost be a contractor some day for my own home no worries though we aren't ever planning on moving.........next move will be a Rest Home. The granite guys made a mistake in the measuring of the fireplace mantel so that gets a new piece and the shop cut the backsplash 1 inch off of a outlet so there will be yet another day on that project sometime this week..... in-between the flooring sanding and staining and sealing of it. We are still living in the house but do have plans to move to the trailer for a night or two this week. So things are good here, busy, nuts but enjoying the process. Excited to see my grandsons soon and all my family coming to the reunion I miss them all so much. Hard to be so far away from from family. Hope no one else cancels.

No comments: